Get your appetites ready for week 3 of Camp HOMER! This week, we’re exploring
new ways to learn through cooking and baking in Tisa’s Test Kitchen.
If you’re looking for a fun way to spend time in the kitchen with your little ones this summer, cool off with these Color Changing Coconut Popsicles! Practice measuring and color-mixing while making some delicious summer treats (and memories).
What You’ll Need:
- Popsicle Molds & Popsicle Sticks (available on Amazon)
- 1-1.5 cups canned coconut milk (amount depends on size of your popsicle molds)
- ¼ cup brewed butterfly pea flower tea OR mix butterfly pea flower powder with ¼ cup water (available on Amazon)
- 1 tbsp honey (add more or less to taste)
- Juice from one lemon
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coconut milk, butterfly pea flower, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix the ingredients until you’ve created a beautiful light blue concoction.
- Squeeze your lemon into the mixture, lightly stir, and watch the colors change! (Butterfly pea flowers contain anthocyanins which gives it a blueish purple color. However, when mixed with an acid (like lemon juice), it turns pink!)
- Pour mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight!