Use the world of sports as inspiration for movement games and co-play activities.
Set Up Time: Under 5 min. Activity Time: 10-15 min Mess Level: None
What You’ll Need to Play:
- Cup or container
- Pieces of paper and something to write with
How to Play:
- Write a movement on a few pieces of paper. They can be silly or serious, fast or slow.
- Say, “In my cup, I have pieces of paper and each one tells us a different way to move. Pick one from the cup and we’ll move that way. Everyone will get a turn to pick a movement!”
- Hand the cup to a child. Let them draw a slip of paper. Read the movement to the class and lead them in that activity.
- Repeat until every child has had a turn. It is okay if the same movement is drawn more than once.
Way to pick a movement everyone!
Skills: gross motor, balance, coordination, following instruction, spatial awareness, body awareness
Head to the HOMER Learn & Grow App for more sports facts, adventures, and stories!