What you need:
- A box, bowl, or basket
- Various toys or household items that are child-safe.
How to play:
- Gather 5-6 items into the box
- Give your child time to create a story using all of the items in the box. For kids ages 5 and under, they can make up the story as they go. The only rule is they must use everything in the box as part of the story.
- For older kids, ask them to plan out their story ahead of time.
- This is a great activity for older and younger kids to collaborate on together. They can work together to create the story.
Tips for playing:
Include dolls or stuffed animals – the story needs characters!
Include items your kid already loves playing with plus items that are not usually in the toy box, like a band-aid, a spoon, or a scarf.
If you have time:
Take turns telling a story with the items in the box, Your child will love to see how you come up with a story and may copy some of the elements of your story.
Tell a story together. Get the whole family in on creating and acting out a play with these items.